Our patients age range for eye examinations
are 5 years and older.*
Our doctors integrate all examination results to precisely determine your eyes prescription and the eyes overall health status. The eye examination includes checking the refractive status, functional visual system, peripheral field of vision testing, and eye pressures. Further, we perform a detailed analysis of your eye’s internal health. Each Memorial Eye Center-Barker Cypress doctor is well-trained to diagnose, treat, and manage most eye diseases, infections, and injuries. The doctors evaluate your eyes for systemic diseases that can affect the eyes like: diabetes, high blood pressure, auto-immune disorders, and more. The thoroughness of our examinations help you maintain optimal eye and overall health.
*Younger than age 5? We recommend seeing a pediatric optometrist.
We use optical innovation to take better care of you
Our doctors at Memorial Eye Center-Barker Cypress use the latest high-tech equipment to effectively examine your eyes. This latest ophthalmic technology allows our doctors to better assess your eye health, view potential issues, and effectively address them. Some of our equipment includes:
- Optomap®: State-of-the-art technology used to capture an incredible 200 degrees of the eye’s inner tissues (retina, macula, optic nerve, vascular system) to explicitly evaluate the eye’s current state of health and also possibly provide a snapshot of the patient’s overall systemic health.
- Autorefractor: A sensitive device used as a starting point to determine the patient’s refractive error.
- Autokeratometer: A high-tech instrument used to measure the cornea’s curvatures. Unusual changes of curvature may indicate corneal concerns.
- Tonometer (NCT): An instrument used to measure the eye’s internal pressure. Higher pressures may be associated with glaucoma.
- Visual Field Analyzer (W/A FDT & Humphrey VF): Both extremely sensitive devices designed to quantify the patient’s field of vision (peripheral vision). Field deficits may indicate serious issues such as: glaucoma, stroke, tumor, brain injury, retinal tears or detachments, etc).
- Phoropter: A device used to measure a patient’s refractive error (prescription) and evaluate the functional aspect of the eye’s vergence and accommodative systems.
- Biomicroscope: A special microscope used to carefully evaluate the eye’s many anatomical structures with great precision and clarity.
- Topography: An advanced non-invasive medical imaging technology for mapping the cornea’s surface curvature.
- Pachymeter: A device used to measure the thickness of the cornea.
The Optomap® is a game changer
We co-manage LASIK and PRK surgeries
Our doctors have co-managed thousands of highly satisfied LASIK and PRK patients around Houston, the United States, and internationally. Dr. Pham, early in her career, practiced with a high-end Houston LASIK practice while Dr. Ziskrout worked with a very prominent Houston-based ophthalmology group for about 8 years working directly with renowned and pioneering cataract and LASIK surgeons. Dr. Tommy Nguyen has several years of expertise in co-managing these same eye procedures.
Each of our eye doctors confidently and professionally co-manage all forms of refractive (LASIK & PRK) procedures and lens replacement (cataract, ICL, & refractive lensectomy) surgeries. Our doctors role is to assess the patient’s candidacy for refractive surgery and to perform the necessary pre-operative and post-operative care. Our vetted and trusted surgeon has performed over 55,000 procedures and has been voted “Top 100 LASIK Surgeons in America.”
Order Contacts Online!
Order contacts when it's convenient for you. Available for all offices in the Memorial Eye Center network. New and current patients can now order online anytime.
PROUDLY A PART OF MEMORIAL EYE CENTER
We are a member of the Memorial Eye Center network. Together we serve the diverse communities in Houston and the surrounding areas, helping our friends and neighbors see their world better.